Monday, December 26, 2011

Riyana and the milk fiasco

My cousins Riyana (4) and Tiya (8 months) have come to stay with us for the week. On Friday night we got to sleep really late. Riyana woke me up at 1:00.

 "Yuna," she said in her most solemn voice. "I forgot."
"What?" I asked.
"I forgot my milk."

So I took her downstairs to get some milk. I poured milk for her and sat down. A few seconds later she came to me again. "Yuna, it's too cold. I will get sick if I drink this."

Ughhhh!!! So I warmed up the milk for her.

She came to me again. "It's too hot. It's burning up my insides."

I poured some cold milk into it and mixed it up. Perfect. But she came to me again. "Now it's too cold."

What could I say to that?

4 comments:

  1. Well....now you understand how difficult it is to be a big sister......I am one and I have learnt it for 54 long years.......but I have my numerous credits too, and so will you....you will have your credits soon for being a big sister and I am sure you will be happy and proud to be one.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ...welcome to the world of big sisters :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha ... good one yuna akka ... !!

    ReplyDelete